Monday, October 1, 2012

Oh the Places You'll Go...

Oh my. I was somehow under the impression that I had blogged more since I have been here...but...apparently not. Since I have last blogged oh so many things have happened.

I have been to:

Assisi



Ravenna 




Camaiore 
...twice...

So, I went to Camaiore for the first time not this past weekend but the previous one. It is about an hour and a half train ride away. When myself and my two friends, Eliza and Eve, got off the train we were slightly confused to find ourselves in what appeared to be...not the beach. To be honest, we did not do quite as much research about getting to our destination as would have been wise but....we followed the only road we could find and within seconds we found ourselves on a tiny...main street (though I don't know if I would go so far as to call it that...). The first thing we saw was a gelateria called "Piter Pan" with a cartoon picture of Peter Pan on it's sign. We went in, got some much needed coffee, and asked is the beach was nearby. The woman working at the store misinformed us, saying that  it was not in the vicinity (momentary panic). But, upon crossing the street we came to a Tabacchi wherein we were informed that the beach was a short bus ride away. Soon after we arrived on the beach and enjoyed a marvelous, sunny day with beach ahead of us and giant, beautiful mountains behind us. BUT...none of us had a camera. So we (semi-jokingly) decided that we would have to return the following weekend to document our new found beach destination.  

So, next weekend came and I arrived back in Camaiore, camera in hand, to doccument the wonderfulness. We stayed in a hotel with a room that had three tiny beds pushed together and a WONDERFUL little porch overlooking a piazza, the beach, and the mountains. I don't think it gets much better than that. 
 
 

 [Our porch]









 [Doggiessssss Aso, Lucky, and Nikkitta
Their owners complimented us on our Italian. YES.]


 [Eliza and I]


[Eve and I]


 I have to co home and eat dinner with my host family now!!

...To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment